Carmel Walks Walking Tour
Discover the special charms of Carmel-By-The-Sea on a 2-hour walking tour through secret pathways, hidden courtyards, award-winning gardens. Walk by enchanting fairytale cottages and the homes and haunts of famous artists, writers and movie stars. Since the turn of the century Bohemian movement, through the reign of its most famous mayor, Clint Eastwood, Carmel’s extraordinary and entertaining history has enticed and intrigued locals and visitors alike. Learn about the spirit, characters and customs that make Carmel both charming and unique.
Each walk is an extraordinary adventure
featuring such sites and fun encounters as:
- The original fairytale cottages and home of Carmel’s
“Builder of Dreams,” Hugh Comstock
- Homes and haunts of bohemian artists and writers
- Edward Weston’s photo studio and the photographic legacy of Carmel
- Architecture by Charles S. Greene and Bernard Maybeck
- Likely canine sitings: Lord Wellington, Ruby Thursday, So Low, Harley, Ace….
- The “Hog’s Breath Inn” and how it got its name
- Doris Day’s dog digs and special K-9 tax forms
- Plein-Aire painters and local artists
- California’s poet Robinson Jeffers’ log cabin.
- First Gallery of The Painter of Light: Thomas Kincade
- The Award winning Biblical Garden
- The oldest art gallery in Carmel
- Famous movie locations
- Special off-beat places and unique spots and more!
Tours offered everyday 10:00-12:00
Saturday at 10 AM. and 2 PM. ( only day with 2:00 tour)
After Sept 2 ( Labor Day) we resume our normal schedule Tuesday through Friday at 10:00 & on Saturdays at 10:00 & 2:00
$25 per person payment by cash or check on site
(Private group tours available upon request)
Meet in the courtyard of the “Pine Inn” on Lincoln St. at Ocean Ave.